- The Truth about Building Self-Confidence
What would you guess people are most stressed out about in their careers? One might assume that hating your job, or dealing with the frustration of finding a new one, would top the list. But according [...]
- Is the future ahead? Not for those born blind
Blind people do show some typical time-space mappings, associating past events with the left-hand side of space rather than the right. By Alex Fradera
- Can Artificial Intelligence Predict Success with OCD Treatment?
In some interesting research on obsessive-compulsive disorder, researchers at the University of California Los Angeles have developed an artificial intelligence system that predicts whether patients w [...]
- High Intelligence Has This Effect On Your Happiness
“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” — Ernest Hemingway Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Exp [...]
- The Stress Buster That Works Better Than Relaxing (S)
Study of workplace stress finds there's a better way to cope than relaxation. Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Explore PsyBlog [...]
- Classic Method To Forget Bad Memories Works, Study Finds (S)
How to reduce memories of negative events. Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all written by Dr Jeremy Dea [...]
- Playing the Victim: How the Victim Mentality is Hindering Your Sobriety
Do you often feel hopeless, like you’ve failed so many times that it’s not even worth trying anymore? Do you frequently dwell on all the mistakes you’ve made and all the relationship [...]
- What the color of your face reveals about your feelings
New study reveals the facial color patterns that correlate with our emotions, suggesting that we can communicate and decode feelings based on color alone.
- Best of Our Blogs: March 20, 2018
I bet you think you’re a weak person. You suffer from an illness and feel your vulnerability if not daily, moment by moment. You can’t just shrug off a look, disappointment or bad news the [...]
- Struggle with emotional intensity? Try the “situation selection” strategy
Situation selection sounds obvious but how often can we say that we really think strategically in this way? By Christian Jarrett
- Feeling fine after one drink? Your brain's not
Researchers have found that even one alcoholic drink can impair our ability to make decisions, and this could have some serious implications.
- How Has Your Brain Trapped Your True Self?
If you were to ask most people if they are in charge of their life, the majority of people would likely respond that they themselves were. Yet what most people don’t understand is the tremendous [...]
- This Mineral Fights Depression. It Is Cheaper And Safer Than Drugs.
The supplement starts to take effect after only two weeks, the researchers found. Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Explore PsyBlog' [...]
- The Activity That Cuts Dementia Risk By 90% (S)
Study of women over 50 suggests how to cut dementia risk by 90%. Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all wr [...]
- How Chasing Happiness Can Make You Unhappy (S)
The ironic reason chasing happiness can make you feel worse. Articles marked (S) are for subscribers only. → Subscribe for just $4 per month. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all writte [...]