- What Is a Collapsed Narcissist?
Narcissists are gregarious and outgoing, right? Life of the party extroverts love-bombing, gaslighting and manipulating their way to fame and fortune (or at the very least a modicum of dating...
- When All Else Fails: Hold Steady
There is no shortage in today’s world of methods for treating depression. Ranging from a regime of medication to more naturalistic approaches that rely on identifying sensitivities of diet and.. [...]
- The Best Way To Overcome OCD (M)
OCD affects around 2 percent of people at some point in their lives. → Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's [...]
- The Foods That Help You Live Longer
The foods that help you live longer and protect you from cancer and heart disease. → Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore P [...]
- This Simple Diet Doubles Weight Loss
Two-thirds of Americans struggle with their weight. → Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all writt [...]
- Psychology Around the Net: August 24, 2019
This week’s Psychology Around the Net provides tips for kicking off a healthy school year, creative prompts to help you deal with anxiety, news about a possible link between children’s...
- The Biggest Killer of Creativity
Does the following sound familiar? You have an idea, and even before it’s fully formed, you realize it’s stupid. It’s lame, and won’t lead to anything, anyway… and with [...]
- The Most Forgotten Sign Of Dementia (M)
This symptom of dementia is often overlooked, but very damaging. → Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's eboo [...]
- This Technique Triples Weight Loss
The best way to lose weight in one-third of the time. → Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks, all wri [...]
- Children With An Older Brother Have Poorer Language Skills Than Those With A Big Sister
By Matthew Warren. Older sisters may provide better input to their younger sibling, the researchers say.
- Free Live Webinar: Learn All About Passive Aggressiveness
(Please note: This free live webinar will be recorded and a copy made available to all who register.) Passive Aggression is basically directing hostile or negative feelings indirectly at someone...
- What can trigger anxiety?
Certain situations and events can be anxiety triggers for some people. Strategies are available to help people avoid triggers and get their anxiety under control. Learn more here.
- Dr. Epstein, Political Bias, & Google Search Results
I’m a little confused by claims made by Dr. Robert Epstein and his assertion, based upon a single study of 95 participants, that Google somehow intentionally biased the results shown...
- Mass Shootings & Mental Illness: Sloppy Reporting Paints False Connection
There’s an unfortunate confusion that exists when talking about mass shootings in America. This confusion is reinforced by politicians and the media, each pushing their own agendas and biases. S [...]
- Listening and reading evoke almost identical brain activity
By constructing 3D semantic maps, scientists have shown that the brain activity of comprehension is largely similar for listening and reading.