- How to Tell a New Partner You’ve Been Divorced
It might be a little risky. When a divorce is done and over with, the next thing a new divorcee typically does is meet and date new people — not...
- The Personality Trait That Indicates Depression Risk
Around 25% of Americans experience an anxiety disorder at some point in their lives. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience a [...]
- Neuromyth: Most People Use About 10 Percent of their Brains
One of the most prevalent myths in the popular press is that we use only 10% of our brains. This has been mentioned in more articles out to debunk myths...
- Best of Our Blogs: December 14, 2018
I’m listening to probably my third or fourth online summit this year. It’s amazing how much research there is on alternative ways to heal including information on various contributors to.. [...]
- The everyday experiences that make us feel loved
By Christian Jarrett. People experience love in many situations beyond just romantic relationships.
- On the Front Lines of Homelessness and Mental Health
Officers Armond and Dodson, whose personal histories uniquely qualify them for this outreach effort, have personally gotten 49 people off the streets and into drug and alcohol treatment. As someone...
- The Music That Helps People Sleep (S)
The most popular genre of music for better sleep. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → Explore P [...]
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Children sometimes have meltdowns when they don’t get what they want. Some adolescents can feel destitute when their wishes aren’t granted. When you feel confident about your plans and the [...]
- Podcast: A Delicious Ritual to Reduce Stress
Living in our fast-paced world, many of us find ourselves stressed out, and many others don’t even realize how stressed they’ve become. Many people choose to ignore their stress, oth [...]
- The physiological stress response is larger in the morning than evening
By Emma Young. The implications for the real-world experience of stress is far from clear.
- How to Stop Your Shadow Self from Controlling You
When we keep our shadow hidden, it runs the risk of controlling us. In this complicated life we lead, there are aspects of ourselves we don’t feel able to meet....
- Are You Really as Young as You Feel?
My mother-in-law is pretty amazing. She lives independently in her own apartment where she hosts a weekly book club. She swims laps a good four days a week, walks a...
- The Common Drink Linked To A Lower IQ
The drink is consumed by 86% of Americans and is popular around the world. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more ar [...]
- How To Be More Creative In Thinking (S)
Habitual thinking leads to the same answers. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → Explore PsyBlo [...]
- How your imagination can help you overcome your fears
New research shows just how powerful your imagination can be and how you can tap into this hidden resource to overcome your fears and anxieties.