- The Best Remedy For A Perfectionist Personality
When a perfectionist slips up, they criticise themselves too much and can experience burnout and depression. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (inclu [...]
- The Exercise That Enhances Memory
Exercise sparked more activity in important parts of the hippocampus -- a brain region linked to memory. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes [...]
- Best of Our Blogs: September 25, 2018
I caught this quote at a popular pizza chain and it really resonated with me. I once heard you are the sum of the people you hang out with. If...
- The in-vogue psychological construct “Grit” is an example of redundant labelling in personality psychology, claims new paper
By Christian Jarrett. On the plus side, the Grit scale seems to be a quick and reliable way to measure Conscientiousness.
- Searching for Happiness Can Become a Barrier to Your Happiness
Huh? Ok, the title of this article may appear somewhat confusing, but let’s try reading it again. Only this time look deeper into what it might mean. I think we can all...
- 2 Personality Traits Linked To Negative Thoughts
The best strategy for getting rid of negative thoughts. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → Exp [...]
- The Sleep Pattern That Indicates Good Mental Health (S)
This sleep pattern was also linked to lower blood pressure and less risk of heart disease. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experi [...]
- Free Live Webinar: Making Change Stick: A Masterclass with Elisha Goldstein
Please Note: *This event will be streamed online and also recorded. By registering, you can choose to attend live or at a time that works best for you. Is there a...
- BS Podcast: Goal Setting When You live with Mental Illness
Everyone, of every age and from every walk of life, has goals. Sometimes they are life goals (like get married and raise a family), career goals (such as start...
- The “liking gap” – we tend to underestimate the positive first impression we make on strangers
By Emma Young. The main message is that "others like us more than we know".
- A Course in Mindful Living: The Mindful Living Launchpad
Have you heard of mindfulness but aren’t sure how to put it into practice in your own life? Or maybe you’ve tried some mindfulness techniques and they didn’t really stick?...
- How to Relieve Depression Naturally
Currently, in the United States, approximately 20 million adults have depression. Those who struggle with major depression have a mood disorder that affects their mental health and their physical heal [...]
- Let Go of Perfectionism with These 3 Shifts
In the work world there are no gold stars for effort or report cards to gauge your progress. Yet a common mistake is treating work like school. As CEO and author, Sallie Krawc [...]
- The Secret To Improving Your Relationship
How much do you appreciate your partner? → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → Explore PsyBlog [...]
- The Best Treatment For Severe Depression (S)
In each year, almost 7% of Americans have an episode of major depressive disorder. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and [...]