- We’re Worse At Recognising Faces From Races Other Than Our Own — And That Can Be A Major Barrier To Socialising
By Emma Young. Being a victim or perpetrator of the "other-race effect" can contribute to social isolation.
- (Some) Men Make More Extreme Decisions Than Women (M)
It is mostly men who make extreme decisions about how they do or don't cooperate, trust others, take risks and judge fairness.
- Impact Bias: Why We Overestimate Our Emotional Reactions
The impact bias is our tendency to overestimate how good (and bad) we will feel in the future -- things are never as good (or bad) as we imagine.
- The Delicious Meal That Increases Your IQ
Eating this meal linked to 5 more IQ points.
- The Simple Belief That Boosts Weight Loss
Study identifies belief that could be crucial to inspiring healthy eating and weight loss.
- The Early Learning That Leads To A Larger Brain (M)
Early education can lead to a larger cerebral cortex, as measured forty year later, study finds.
- Availability Heuristic: Why People Buy Lottery Tickets
Availability heuristic or the availability bias is a cognitive bias leading people to judge probabilities on the basis of how easily examples come to mind.
- This Proven Weight Loss Approach Takes Minutes
This highly effective weight loss technique is done in under 15 minutes per day.
- Culture Now Drives Human Evolution More Than Genetics (M)
Cultural changes can sweep across countries and continents through modern communication networks, regardless of genetics.
- What The Western Diet Does To The Immune System
Diets rich in two nutrients harm immune cells in the gut, putting people at high risk of intestinal infections.
- The Facial Sign Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
As many as one-in-eight people could be low in vitamin B12.
- Weight Loss: These Foods Burn Belly Fat
How to burn belly fat without eating less.
- Cow Brains And Aphantasia: The Week’s Best Psychology Links
Our weekly round-up of the best psychology coverage from elsewhere on the web
- Benefits Of Meditation: 10 Ways It Helps Your Mind
Benefits of meditation include lasting emotional control, cultivating compassion, reducing pain sensitivity, boosting multitasking and more...
- The Emotion People With Autism Have Difficulty Reading (M)
It is a myth that people with autism cannot read emotions, however there is one they have difficulty with.