- 3 Mental Techniques That Boost Your Immune System (M)
The psychological factors that reduce the chance of infection. → Support PsyBlog for just $5 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's ebooks [...]
- The Healthy Drink That Promotes Weight Loss
This drink helps fight obesity plus offers other health benefits. → Support PsyBlog for just $5 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's ebo [...]
- Don’t Fight with Loved Ones Just Because You’re Upset
Now, more than ever, people need tools to handle their emotions. Specifically, we need tools for calming our nervous system down and making sure we don’t take stress out on...
- Psychology Around the Net: March 28, 2020
This week’s Psychology Around the Net dissects the psychology of comfort TV, tips on how to protect yourself from others’ negative energy, ways to take care of your mental health...
- Making Peace with Mortality in the Age of Coronavirus
In our current coronavirus epidemic, many people are feeling more and more apprehensive about family, friend’s, neighbor’s — and one’s own mortality. It’s perfectly natur [...]
- The Best Way To Support People Who Are Stressed (M)
Attempts to support others that are phrased in the wrong way can increase stress rather than decrease it. → Support PsyBlog for just $5 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and remove [...]
- The Most Important Question in Relationships
Regardless of the role we find ourselves in, we are always in a relationship. The connection could be with colleagues at work, with family members or in our relationships with...
- Minimizing the Risks of PTSD from the COVID-19 Pandemic
It is a stressful time. Many have begun feeling the emotional and psychological effects of being quarantined. People are being told to stay indoors, to limit leaving their home except...
- Anorexic and Pregnant
I was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa over a decade ago. Blinded by the eating disorder to the damage that was occurring both internally and externally, the possibility of infertility did...
- How To Stay Positive Day-To-Day (M)
The best way to stay positive when daily stressors are piling up. → Support PsyBlog for just $5 per month. Enables access to articles marked (M) and removes ads. → Explore PsyBlog's ebo [...]
- Brave New Compassionate World
Navigating uncharted waters during the coronavirus outbreak has challenged us all. Many Americans are familiar with “first world problems” like nabbing the best vacation deals or worrying [...]
- How Psychology Researchers Are Responding To The COVID-19 Pandemic
By Matthew Warren. Psychologists have launched new research to understand how the crisis is affecting us, and to inform our response to it.
- Podcast: Don’t Let Coronavirus Impact Your Mental Health
It’s often said that fear is the most dangerous virus on the planet. While a relatively small percentage of people will contract the new coronavirus, or COVID-19, the fear...
- How to Recognize and Change Toxic Behavioral Patterns
Patterns generally involve repetitive action, a task or behavior engaged in frequently, often without giving it much thought. Much daily behavior is fairly automatic, an activity done so many times...
- Behavioural “Nudges” Are Ineffective At Encouraging Commuters To Carpool Or Take The Bus
By Emma Young. Series of studies involving nearly 69,000 airport workers failed to change commuting behaviour