- Ep 10: Schizophrenia & Bipolar Symptoms: 2 Truths and a Lie Edition
Listener favorite Two Truths and One Lie returns, but with a twist. Gabe and Michelle each share three stories about specific symptoms they have of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (respectively)....
- New research reveals our folk beliefs about immortality – we think the good and bad will live on, but in very different ways
New research reveals the nuanced ways our earthly morality affects our prospects for immortality. By Dan Jones
- A Relationship Between Rehabilitation and Resentment
I’ve tried again and again to overcome feelings of isolation, self-loathing and disconnection from the world around me. I try to form friendships, and be a part of, with limited...
- The Surprising Quality Of High IQ Brains
More intelligent people's brains are not just bigger... → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). &rarr [...]
- Anxiety and Your “What If Calculator”
Some universities provide a “what if calculator” to help students project possible grades. It provides the percentage they need on each test to get their desired grade at the end...
- Having This Personality Type Could Make You Overweight (S)
...and this is the personality trait that keeps you thin... → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → [...]
- Everyone Has Superpowers. How Are You Using Yours?
Comic books and movies are full of superheroes with magical powers. But we too have superpowers that can be activated anytime and help us live a conscious and intentional life....
- Become More Likeable with This Psychology Trick
How many times have you heard the phrase “You are what you eat”? The idea behind this now-infamous diet mantra is that in order to be fit and healthy, you...
- This Physical Feature Makes Men More Attractive
The feature is also linked to higher genetic fitness. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). → Explo [...]
- Feeling Lost in Life: A Learning Opportunity
I am convinced that one of our missions in life is to learn what we need to become better versions of ourselves. That is why we find ourselves in situations...
- The Best Way To Protect Against Depression (S)
The future risk of developing depression was around 20% lower in people who did this. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience [...]
- Psychology Around the Net: May 19, 2018
Happy Saturday, sweet readers! This week’s Psychology Around the Net covers how a parent’s mental health and parenting styles can affect the child’s ability to maintain friendships, [...]
- 10 Easy Ways to Increase Your Energy Levels Naturally
“You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you’re responsible for the energy that you bring to others.” – Oprah Winfrey I’m all about doing wha [...]
- This Eye Colour Is Associated With Depression
Seasonally Affected Disorder (SAD) is a form of depression. → Enjoying these psych studies? Support PsyBlog for just $4 per month (includes ad-free experience and more articles). & [...]
- Women’s Empowerment: Validation Comes from Within
In my work as a clinical psychologist, I often observe successful and accomplished women struggling with issues surrounding feelings of self-worth and self-esteem. My patients, many of whom are young. [...]