- Is acetaminophen really safe in pregnancy?
More than two thirds of pregnant women take acetaminophen at some stage during their pregnancy. New research supports claims that this may be harmful.
- ADHD: Could maternal depression be the cause?
ADHD is growing in prevalence, but we are still no nearer to understanding why it occurs. New research asks whether maternal depression might be the key.
- Conduct disorder: What you need to know
Conduct disorder is a mental health condition that affects children. It is characterized by antisocial, hostile, and violent behavior. Learn more.
- The 10 best blogs for ADHD
ADHD blogs offer educational information, tips, and support for those with ADHD and their friends and families. We have selected the best ADHD blogs.
- Acetaminophen during pregnancy is associated with ADHD
Acetaminophen use by pregnant women has previously been linked with ADHD in the offspring. A new study backs up these concerning findings.
- Adult-onset ADHD may not exist, study suggests
A new study suggests that the vast majority of ADHD symptoms that arise in adulthood can be explained by other factors, such as substance abuse.
- Could micronutrient supplements combat ADHD?
ADHD is difficult to treat. Over recent years, the impact of nutrition has come to the fore. New research investigates the potential use of micronutrients.
- ADHD and sleeplessness: A critical link?
Many individuals with ADHD have sleep-related disorders. Researchers investigate the link and hypothesize that the relationship may even be causal.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy particularly efficient in treating ADHD in adults
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) group training was shown to achieve the same results as neurofeedback training in treating attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Do pets really benefit children's health? Large study investigates
Using advanced statistical tools, the largest study of its kind investigates the supposed link between children's health and household pet ownership.
- Adult ADHD: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment
In this article, learn about adult ADHD and how it differs from childhood ADHD. We cover the symptoms of adult ADHD, and how it is diagnosed and treated.
- ADHD medication tied to lower risk for alcohol, drug abuse in teens and adults
About one-third lower risk revealed in IU-led analysis of 3 million Americans with attention deficient hyperactivity disorder.
- Tic disorders: Causes, types, and diagnosis
Tics are involuntary, repetitive sounds or movements. We take a closer look at three types of tic disorders: vocal, motor, and Tourette's syndrome.
- Three types of ADHD: What are the differences?
ADHD is divided into three categories: inattentive, hyperactive-impulsive, and a combination. Learn more about the diagnosis and treatment of each type.
- FDA approves first generic Strattera for the treatment of ADHD
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the first generic versions of Strattera (atomoxetine) to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in pediatric and adult patients.